A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step – Lao Tzu
The first of 72 ideas is:
Make a list of your top 4-5 important things. What’s most important to you? What do you value most? What 4-5 things do you most want to do in your life?
Simplifying starts with these priorities, as you are trying to make room in your life so you have more time for these things.
Dad always said, “Amy, you’ve got to feed what you want to live, and starve what you want to die.” What do I want to feed in my life?
- Home – not my house, or the stuff I have in it, but my home. My sanctuary. Where I get to hit the reset button, be creative and be all me, all the time. This is where I get to be “domestic” and do the things I love to do: garden, cook, bake, craft, create.
- Tribe – the close people in my life that inspire me, support me, grow with me: my spouse, family, friends.
- Community – supporting local farms, small businesses, participating as a small business in my town, donating time and goods to charities.
- Spirituality – meditation, time spent in nature.
- Career – following my passion in the wellness field.
This is not in order of importance, I can’t really rate them that way because they shift on any given day. Some days I focus on community and career more, other days I am very domestic with a meditative approach.